Outdoor / Travel Stuff
Geocaching - read all about my geocaches.
My Adirondack Summit Log - with lots of pictures and data.
Interactive Adirondack View Browser - virtually jump from summit to summit,
see the views with all the mountains labelled, and a little flag on top of the mountain you were last on!
Great fun, if you know the Adirondacks.
- Ishpatina Ridge - Ontario's highest point, by canoe
- Africa Trip January 2005 - Kilimanjaro, Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Zanzibar!
- Road Trip 2003 - Long, detailed, hopefully interesting chronicle of summer 2003 road trip with friends
- May 11, 2002: A blunder-filled Markus day - planting my Lac Mousseau Bushwhack geocache - don't read if you plan to visit this cache!
- Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour 2002
- Detailed writeup of this 354km two-day cycling tour
- Desert Camping/Hiking Trip 2001 - BIG trip log of a 2-week trip to the Grand Canyon, Death Valley and other places.
- Historic Oil Fields in Ontario, Canada - Apparently, the first oil well was not in Pennsylvania but right here in Ontario.
The area where this first oil boom occurred contains many interesting artifacts
including quite a bit of working jerker system pumping technology.
- A weekend mountaineering course in the Rockies - contains some unflattering opinions about the way the course
is run (but it was a fun trip anyway). Name of the mountaineering school deleted.
Also note that these are my opinions only.
- Franconia Notch, New Hampshire - If nothing else interests you, you can cut right to the best picture from that lot.
- Noonmark Mountain, NY - A November camp-out on top of
Noonmark Mountain, NY to watch the Leonid meteor shower. Warning contains spoilers for one of my geocaches. Also some nice mountaintop sunrise pictures.
- When a nerd goes on vacation - all the electronic stuff that comes along
Andrew's photo stories
Some trips organized by my friend Andrew, that I've been along on but
don't have my own pictures online for...
For the rest of Andrew's picture stories, look here.
Mostly just pictures